Everybody seems to know how to kiss. The question is: Are you aware of a variety of interesting facts and details about a kiss? Is kissing good or bad for you? How do they do it in Japan , France and other countries? Can you slim down by kissing too much? Below are some of the most curious things about kissing.
1. An act of kissing puts 29 facial muscles in motion. In other words, kissing can be used as an effective exercise to prevent the development of wrinkles.
2. Lovers swap saliva containing various substances e.g. fats, mineral salts, proteins while kissing. According to latest studies, the exchange of the above substances can give a boost to the production of antibodies which are made specifically to deal with the antigens associated with different diseases as they are encountered.
3. As a rule, 66 percent of people keep their eyes closed while kissing. The rest take pleasure in watching the emotions run the gamut on the faces of their partners.
4. According to U.S. statistics, an American woman would kiss an average of 80 men before she gets married.
5. A quick romantic kiss will burn about 2-3 calories, whereas French kiss (an openmouthed kiss with tongue contact) will obliterate more than 5 calories.
6. Sensitivity of the lips is 200 times higher than that of the fingers.
7. It is thought that men who kiss their wives goodbye before going to work live five years longer than those who just slam the door. Men of the latter category are said to be more prone to traffic accidents.
8. Smooching passionately for 90 seconds will elevate blood pressure and cause the pulse rate to go racing. It will also increase the level of hormones in the blood, thus reducing life by one minute.
9. French kiss is called a â€œjuncture of soulsâ€ in France . Not only the lips do the job, the tongues come into play too. The passionate French invented another variety of the soul kiss in which only the tongues are employed.
10. Contrary to a popular belief, the Eskimos do not merely rub their noses against each other in a display of love and affection. The lips open up a bit once the olfactory organs of the kissing partners meet. Then the Eskimos take a deep breath and send the air out while holding their lips closed. After savoring the scent of each other, the partners press noses against each otherâ€™s cheeks and freeze for a minute of two.
You’re going to learn all about kissing on this date; new techniques, unusual kisses, and what gets the two of you revved-up! I guarantee you’ll discover some likes and dislikes you never knew existed. Plus, can you think of anything you’d rather spend the afternoon practicing? (don’t answer that) There are 43 different types of kisses to explore on this date, from a standard French kiss to more unusual ones like the Spiderman kiss, nip kiss, and sniff kiss.
It’s one of those kissing games that will teach you a little bit more about the way your date likes to be kissed and maybe even the way you like to be kissed. To start, download the Kisses pdf in the Links section (over there to the right >>), print it, and cut out all of the kisses. Some of you will decide to go for it and try them all, but 43 different kisses, many of which take a few tries to get right, may be a bit much for others. If this is the case, no big deal, flip through the kisses and pick out 20-25 that you like. Fold them up and take turns drawing kisses, following the instructions on each one. Don’t tell your date which kiss you picked, have them close their eyes and find out when you do it! Most of the kisses include a question or two that will help you communicate opinions about the kisses and your techniques. Kissing is one of those sensitive topics, so make sure to give feedback in a positive way. For example, instead of saying “You kissed me too hard” try “I liked it at the beginning when you were kissing me softly”. Complement each other while giving direction. This brings us to the mood. All of this kissing requires some kind of a mood, right? I can see candles, maybe a fire, a bottle of wine, soft music, and a very romantic evening. But I can also see you going somewhere secluded, lying down on a blanket and having fun drawing a new kiss every few minutes and just enjoying the day. Romantic or casual can both be great, do what feels right for your relationship. When you’re done, ask which ones were the best and if they know any that weren’t covered (you’re willing to continue!). And last but not least, with all the kissing involved you may want to bring breath mints, smell amazing, and don’t forget the Chapstick! Happy kissing! Types of Kisses
- Standard Kiss A simple kiss and a great way to get and give feedback about the kiss you do most often.
- French Kiss Lean together into a simple kiss, open your mouths and touch tongues lightly. Enjoy the feeling of your tongues moving against each other. Important point – do not move too deeply into your partner’s mouth.
- Sniff Kiss Popular in Asian nations where public kissing is frowned upon, the sniff-kiss doesn’t involve lips at all. Lean into your date and put your nose near their cheek, ear, or neck. Inhale their scent deeply.
- Nip Kiss Instead of kissing with your lips, lean in close and gently bite your dateâ€™s lower lip, being very careful not to bite too hard.
- Eskimo Kiss Put your faces close together and gently rub noses back and forth, up and down, or any which way you like.
- Butterfly Kiss Get close to your partner and flutter your eyelids against their cheek, neck, lips, or nose.
- Upside-Down Kiss (Spiderman Kiss) Have your partner lie on their back or sit in a chair and lean their head back. Lean over and give them a kiss with your heads pointed the opposite direction (noses near each other’s chins).
- Flavored Kiss Take a bite of strawberry, orange, piece of candy, or anything else and then give your date a French kiss.
- Mystery Kiss Head to the local supermarket or candy shop and each pick out a bunch of flavors you like â€” this could be things like root beer barrels, toffee, grapes, strawberries, etc. (jelly bellies work well). Donâ€™t show each other what you bought. Take turns closing your eyes while your partner eats a bite and then gives you a French kiss. See if you can guess the flavor!
- Sucking Kiss When kissing with an open mouth, gently suck on your date’s lower lip. Pull away slightly while kissing for that little extra touch, but not too hard.
- Vacuum Kiss When your lips are pressing together, gently suck the air out of your partner’s mouth.
- Fish Kiss Suck your cheeks in so that both of you look like fish and try to kiss each other before you burst out laughing. Keep trying until you succeed.
- The Non-Kiss Kiss Lean in close to your date until your lips are barely touching, rub your lips against each other’s without puckering.
- Lick Kiss Instead of touching your partner’s lips with your own, lean in closely and gently run your tongue over their lips. End with a light kiss.
- Tease Kiss Lean in until your lips barely graze each other’s and pull back slightly. Do this a few times, enjoying the feeling of your partnerâ€™s breath, before kissing.
- Candy Kiss While French kissing, pass a piece of hard candy or gum between your mouths.
- Ice Kiss While French kissing, pass a small piece of ice between your mouths.
- Capture the Candy Kiss Put a Skittle, M&M, or other small candy in your partner’s mouth and see if you can find it and move it to your mouth. Donâ€™t use anything larger than Skittles or M&Ms.
- Sliding Kiss Expose your partner’s feet, ankles, legs, stomach, and neck. Have them lie down and gently kiss them on the foot and slide up to the ankle, knee, thigh, stomach, and finally neck. Make sure to slide your lips across the skin between light kisses.
- Hickey Gently, but firmly suck on your partner’s skin until the area is pink or red. It may be best to do this in an area that can be covered by clothes.
- From Behind Kiss Hold your date from behind and when they turn their head, move yours around to meet them and kiss.
- Slow Motion Kiss Kiss your date at one-half or one-quarter speed.
- Opposite Kiss If you usually kiss with your heads tilted to the right, try kissing with them tilted to the left.
- Downward Kiss Starting at the ear, kiss down along your partner’s jaw to their neck or collarbone.
- Tickle Kiss Start by giving your partner a normal kiss and then start tickling their ribs, stomach, or underarms. See how long you can continue while youâ€™re both laughing.
- No Lips Kiss Lean in close, open your mouths slightly and touch tongues without touching lips.
- Blow Kiss Give your partner wet kisses on their neck, back, or shoulder (their choice). Pull back slightly and gently blow on the area to give them a cooling sensation.
- Woodpecker Kisses Have your partner close their eyes and give them short, quick kisses all over their face. See if you can cover their entire face before you burst out laughing.
- Lady and the Tramp Kiss You both hold one end of licorice, taffy, fruit, or whatever in your mouth and eat until you’re kissing.
- Shocking Kiss Shuffle around the carpet until you build up an electric charge, lean in close until only your lips meet and give off a spark.
- High Low Kiss Lean in and kiss your partner’s upper lip, then pull back slightly and kiss their lower lip.
- Kiss on the Hand Take your partner’s hand and give it a light kiss on the top or palm.
- Kiss on the Cheek Kiss your partner on the cheek.
- Kiss on the NeckHold your partner from the front or back and kiss them on the neck.
- Frog KissMove in close, open your mouths, and touch tongues quickly and briefly, like a frog trying to catch a fly. After about a dozen touches melt in for a long French kiss.
- Kiss on the Ear Lightly kiss your partner’s ear, gently nibble or suck on the earlobe. Just once, lightly explore their ear with your tongue, many people don’t like this but you never know.
- Kiss on the Back Ask your partner which part of the back they want kissed. Pull up their shirt and kiss the area gently, rubbing your chin, cheek, and nose across the area.
- Kiss on the Foot Ask your partner where their feet are ticklish. Avoiding those spots, lightly kiss them on the top of the foot, ankle, or toes. Give them a little tickle when you’re done.
- Kiss on the Navel Pull up your partner’s shirt and gently kiss them on their navel. Use your tongue to explore the area.
- Kiss on the Nose Hug your partner close and give them a soft kiss on the tip of their nose.
- Kiss the Eyes Ask your partner to close their eyes. Start by lightly kissing the cheekbone once, the eyebrow once, and then very gently kiss your date’s closed eyes.
- Kiss on the Forehead Hold your partner close and give them a firm kiss on the forehead.
- Switch Kiss With this kiss you’re going to kiss your partner the way they usually kiss you and vice-versa. If they’re taller, start by standing on a chair, and use the style they do, kiss the lip they kiss, put your tongue in their mouth if they usually put theirs in yours, hold them the way they hold you, you get the idea. This can be a real eye-opener!