How to Change Windows 7 Password
- Go to Control Panel and click on the Administrative Tools.
- Under this section double click on Computer Management.
- Select System Tools from right window pane.
- Under this, just double click on Local Users and Groups and then on Users
- Now you will see all the login accounts of your computer. Right click on any the account whose password you want to change and then click on Set Password.
- Now enter your New Password and click on OK button.
That’s it! your windows 7 password is changed without knowing current password. The only limitation of this method is that your current account should have Administrative privileges.
If you love to be work on Command Line then this method is for you.
- Open command prompt by typing with administrative privileges .( Type CMD in start, right click on it and select Run as Administrative )
- In the CMD window type the following command and hit Enter
net user Account Name Your New Password
In this command replace Account Name by the account name (Account Name is case sensitive) whose password you want to change and replace Your New Password by the password that you want to set.
- Now if everything goes alright you will see “The command completed successfully” on your screen, now type exit command and hit Enter
This will reset your current windows password.