Category Archives: NEEM TREE
NEEM TREE -TIPS
In the world of herbal medicine, neem is a popular medicinal herb that’s been part of traditional remedies that date back almost 5000 years. Also known as Azadirachta Indica in English or ‘Neemba’ in Sanskrit, the neem tree is a really good example of how nature holds both the problem and the cure. Its home to more than 130 different biologically active compounds! No wonder it’s such an effective anti-viral and anti-bacterial, along with being a powerful immune-stimulant.
Medicinal properties of Neem
Neem is just about anti-everything:
Yes, spermicidal. Neem also shows great promise as a natural means of birth control.
• Neem contains chemicals that might help reduce blood sugar levels, heal ulcers in the digestive tract, prevent conception, kill bacteria and prevent plaque formation in the mouth.
• Treat that zit: Grind a few neem leaves, make a paste and apply it daily till the acne dries out. The paste also helps any kind of eruptions, dark spots and chronic ulcers.
• Ear ailments: Blend some neem leaves and add some honey to it. Use a few drops of this mix to treat any ear boils.
• Other skin disorders: Turmeric combined with a paste of neem leaves can also be used for itching, eczema, ring worms and some mild skin diseases.
• Blood Purifier. Purifies the blood and removes toxins from the body thereby improving overall health and skin.
• Detoxifier: Removes toxins from the liver and the body. Almost all bitter herbs have the quality of lowering blood sugar, purifying the blood, reducing levels of toxins and boosting the immune system.
• Immunobooster. Boosts the overall immune system. Works well against skin infections and other viral infections including colds, flu, etc. Useful in herpes, hepatitis and other viral and fungal infections including AIDS. Also helpful in warts (HPV). Its broad spectrum of activity makes it a good immunebooster.
Many natural health experts recommend daily intake of neem capsules.
• Lowers Blood sugar hence is used to help control sugar levels in Diabetes. Is used often in anti-diabetes poly herbal medicines.
• Regular use helps in preventing spikes in blood sugar levels and lowers overall blood sugar level.
• Helps treat pimples and other skin diseases.
• It is an excellent herb that improves the skin tone and quality. Does both, heals patients with skin problems as well as an aid to beauty.
• Neem paste to treat scars and blemishes. Grind a cup of Neem leaves and add two teaspoons of turmeric and one teaspoon of lime and honey. Apply the paste on the face for twenty minutes, and do this twice a week. Gently rub the chin and the cheeks in circular motion, and the neck in vertical moves. Wash off with cold water; the antibacterial properties will heal blemishes and scars in no time.
• Detox with Neem. If you are fair-skinned, use Neem to create radiant skin
THE SPIRITUAL ASPECT OF NEEM
.Neem belong to (sacred or holy) herbs in the herbal kingdom.
• Neem leaves are dried and placed within clothes and in rice bins to keep away infestation.
• Unlike many other large trees of its size, when a Neem tree comes up near a building its roots stay away from the foundations and do not damage them.
• The Neem tree along with the Oak, the Holy Fig and Banyan trees have been regarded as some of the finest of trees to sit under for spiritual reflection and meditation.
• Neem has been proven to reduce stress and relax muscles producing an effect conducive to sleep- a tea of neem before sleep at night,