Category Archives: Navagraha Sthothram :
1. Japaa kusuma Sankaasam – Kaasyapeyam Mahaath’ yuthim
Thamo’urim sarva Paapa ganam – Pranathosmi Dhiwaakaram.
One who looks like the Hibiscus flower, Son of Kashyapa, full of radiance,
Foe of darkness and the one who dispells all sins, I prostrate that Soorya.
2. Dhadhi sanka Thushaaraabham – Ksheero Dhaarnava Sambhavam
Namaami sasinam Somam – Sambhor makuta Bhooshanam.
The one who has the hue of curd and icebergs, one who emerges from the milky ocean, Chandra who adorns Shiva, I prostrate. that Chandra.
3. Dharanee garbha Sambhootham – Vidhyuth kaanthi Samaprabham
Kumaaram Sakthi Hasthancha – Mangalam Pranamaam Yaham.
The one who is the son of Bhooma Devi, One who has the lustre of lightning,
One who has Shakthi in his hand, and the auspoicious one, I prostrate that Angaraka.
4. Piryangu kali Kaasyaamam – Roope’naa Prathimam Budham
Sowmyam sowmya Gunopetham – Tham Bhudham Pranamaam Yaham.
The one who is dark like the bud of Priyangu flower, One who is unequalled in beauty and is intelligent, And the son of Chandra, One who is peaceful, I prostrate that Budha.
5. Dhe’vaanaancha Risheenaancha – Gurum Kaanchan sannibham
Bhudhdhi bhootham Thrilokesam – Thannamaami Bhruhaspathim.
The one who is the Guru of the Devas and Rishis, the one who is radiant and intelligent, The Lord of all the three worlds, I prostrate that Brihaspathi.
6. Hima kundha M’runaalaabam – Dhaithyaanam Paramam Gurum
Sarva saasthra Pravruththaaram – Bhaargavam Pranamaam Yaham.
The one who has the lustre of the dew, Lotus stem and Thumba flower, High priest of Asuras
and the one who preaches the Shatras, I prostrate that ( Bhargava )Sukracharya.
7. Neelaanchana Samaabaasam – Raviputhram Yamaagrajam
Chaayaa Maarthaanda Sambhootham – Thannamaami Sanaicharam.
The one who is blue, one who is like charcoal, one who is the son of Surya and the brother of Yama, one who is born to Chaya and Surya, I prostrate that Saneeswara.
8. Ardha kaayam mahaaveeyram – Chandhraadhithya vimardhanam
Simhikaagarba Sambhootham – Tham Raahum Pranamaam Yaham.
The one who has half a body and is full of valour, One who opposes Chandra and Surya without fear, One who was born from Simhika’s womb, I prostrate that Rahu.
9. Palaasa pushpa sankaasam – Thaarakagraha masthakam
Rowdhram rowdhraathmakam go’ram – Tham Kethum Pranamaam Yaham.