Category Archives: Are you a vegetarian?
10 Tips to remain a vegetarian
Most of the vegetarians may not get enough protein, Omega 3 fatty acids, and Vitamin B 12 which is not easily available in plant foods. Here is what I think is beneficial to those who love animals and hate killing them for food.
Do you eat all kinds of vegetables available? Eating all pigmented vegetables and fruits are essential as different vegetables contain different nutrients.
Eating at least one fruit a day is very important for good health.Out of all fruits, I would pick an apple to give you. Here is a list that may help you fix a healthy vegetarian diet.
3. Zinc- is not to declines as it is vital for good immunity. Whole grains, dairy products, soy, nus and legumes are necessary for zin supply.
4. Vitamin C- can be found in vegetables like tomatoes, Amaranth Leaves (chauli patta), Broccoli, Cabbage family like Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash, Capsicum and the like and all citrus fruits.
5. Calcium – Take soy milk, orange juice, beans and milk products.
6. Vitamin D- is essential of calcium absorption. Hence eat mushrooms.
7. Carbohydrates are essential for fueling up. Whole grains give you energy as well as fibre.
8. Vitamin B12- is only present in animal foods like milk products, egg and hence, you will need supplements if you are a vegan.
9. Your vitamins and other nutrients will get absorbed well only if you take enough dietary fats. Hence you cannot completely eliminate fats but have them in the form of nuts, oils or avocados.
10. Have flax seeds, walnuts, soybeans and canola oil for omega 3 fatty acids.