Anatomy of a new scam. Don’t fall prey to this
1. You get a call saying ur PayTm (or any other wallet/bank) KYC is invalid
2. Caller says u can do it online in 2 min and ur wallet will be active again
3. Says give guide u
All ok till now. Now the scam begins
4. Says u need to just transfer Rs. 1 to ur PayTm wallet/UPI etc
5. Tells u to download an app like QuickSupport (perfectly legit app for support)
But this is where they take control of ur phone.
Now sitting in Ghaziabad he has complete view of ur phone screen.
6. As he guides to transfer Rs. 1, they are also simultaneously initiating txns of larger amounts from ur bank
7. U get multiple OTPs & they have access to them as they have control ur phone
8. U think u r transferring Re. 1. In reality, multiple txns are being initiated
9. By the time the caller ends the call, your bank account is swiped clean
10. Multiple txns with IMPS/UPI etc have been initiated
11. All this happens in 5 min before u realise the damage
SPREAD THE WORD