Monthly Archives: March 2019
Put AC at 25+ degrees and put the Fan on at slow speed.
Very useful information sent by an executive engineer from EB:
Correct use of AC:
As hot summer has started and we use Air conditioners regularly, let us follow the correct method.
Most people have a habit of running their ACs at 20-22 degrees and when they feel cold, they cover their bodies with blankets. This leads to double loss. HOW ???
Do you know that the temperature of our body is 35 degrees Celsius? The body can tolerate temperature ranging from 23 degrees to 39 degrees easily. It is called human body temperature tolerance.
When the Room temperature is lower or higher, the body reacts, by sneezing, shivering, etc.
When you run the AC at 19-20-21 degrees, room temperature is much lower than the normal body temperature and it starts the process called hypothermia in the body which affects blood circulation, whereby, blood supply in some parts of the body is not adequate. There are many disadvantages in long term such as arthritis etc.
Most of the time there is no sweating when AC is ON, so the toxins of the body can not come out and in the long term, cause risk of many more diseases, such as skin allergy or itching, high blood pressure etc.
When you run AC at such low temperatures, it’s compressor continuously works on full energy, even if it is 5 stars, excessive power is consumed & it blows money from your pocket.
What is the best way to run AC ?? Set up Temperatures for 25 Degrees.
You don’t get any benefit by first setting Temperature of AC to 20 – 21 and then wrap the sheet/ thin Quilt around you.
It is always better to run AC at 25+ degrees and put the fan on at slow speed.
This will cost less electricity and your body temperature will also be in the range and there will be no ill effect on your health.
Another advantage of this is that the AC will consume less electricity, the blood pressure on the brain will also decrease and Saving will ultimately help reduce the effects of global warming. How ??
Suppose you save about 5 units per AC per night by running AC on 26 Degree and other 10 lakh houses also do like you then we save 5 million units of electricity per day.
At the regional level this savings can be crores of units per day.
Please consider the above and do not run your AC at all below 25 degrees. Keep your body and environment healthy.
NEEM TREE -TIPS
In the world of herbal medicine, neem is a popular medicinal herb that’s been part of traditional remedies that date back almost 5000 years. Also known as Azadirachta Indica in English or ‘Neemba’ in Sanskrit, the neem tree is a really good example of how nature holds both the problem and the cure. Its home to more than 130 different biologically active compounds! No wonder it’s such an effective anti-viral and anti-bacterial, along with being a powerful immune-stimulant.
Medicinal properties of Neem
Neem is just about anti-everything:
Yes, spermicidal. Neem also shows great promise as a natural means of birth control.
• Neem contains chemicals that might help reduce blood sugar levels, heal ulcers in the digestive tract, prevent conception, kill bacteria and prevent plaque formation in the mouth.
• Treat that zit: Grind a few neem leaves, make a paste and apply it daily till the acne dries out. The paste also helps any kind of eruptions, dark spots and chronic ulcers.
• Ear ailments: Blend some neem leaves and add some honey to it. Use a few drops of this mix to treat any ear boils.
• Other skin disorders: Turmeric combined with a paste of neem leaves can also be used for itching, eczema, ring worms and some mild skin diseases.
• Blood Purifier. Purifies the blood and removes toxins from the body thereby improving overall health and skin.
• Detoxifier: Removes toxins from the liver and the body. Almost all bitter herbs have the quality of lowering blood sugar, purifying the blood, reducing levels of toxins and boosting the immune system.
• Immunobooster. Boosts the overall immune system. Works well against skin infections and other viral infections including colds, flu, etc. Useful in herpes, hepatitis and other viral and fungal infections including AIDS. Also helpful in warts (HPV). Its broad spectrum of activity makes it a good immunebooster.
Many natural health experts recommend daily intake of neem capsules.
• Lowers Blood sugar hence is used to help control sugar levels in Diabetes. Is used often in anti-diabetes poly herbal medicines.
• Regular use helps in preventing spikes in blood sugar levels and lowers overall blood sugar level.
• Helps treat pimples and other skin diseases.
• It is an excellent herb that improves the skin tone and quality. Does both, heals patients with skin problems as well as an aid to beauty.
• Neem paste to treat scars and blemishes. Grind a cup of Neem leaves and add two teaspoons of turmeric and one teaspoon of lime and honey. Apply the paste on the face for twenty minutes, and do this twice a week. Gently rub the chin and the cheeks in circular motion, and the neck in vertical moves. Wash off with cold water; the antibacterial properties will heal blemishes and scars in no time.
• Detox with Neem. If you are fair-skinned, use Neem to create radiant skin
THE SPIRITUAL ASPECT OF NEEM
.Neem belong to (sacred or holy) herbs in the herbal kingdom.
• Neem leaves are dried and placed within clothes and in rice bins to keep away infestation.
• Unlike many other large trees of its size, when a Neem tree comes up near a building its roots stay away from the foundations and do not damage them.
• The Neem tree along with the Oak, the Holy Fig and Banyan trees have been regarded as some of the finest of trees to sit under for spiritual reflection and meditation.
• Neem has been proven to reduce stress and relax muscles producing an effect conducive to sleep- a tea of neem before sleep at night,