Monthly Archives: September 2014
THE PREGNANT DEER SCENARIO…
In a forest, a pregnant deer is about to give birth to a baby. It finds a remote grass field nearby a river and slowly goes there thinking it would be safe. As she moves slowly, she gets labour pain.
At the same moment, dark clouds gather around that area and lightning starts a forest fire. Turning left, she sees a hunter who is aiming an arrow from a distance. As she tries to move towards right, she spots a hungry lion approaching towards her.
STOCHASTIC PROBABILITY THEORY
What can the pregnant deer do, as she is already under labour pain..?
What do you think will happen..?
Will the deer survive..?
Will it give birth to a fawn..?
Will the fawn survive..?
Will everything be burnt by the forest fire…?
Can the deer go left..? No, the hunter’s arrow is pointing at her.
Can she go right…? No, the hungry male lion is approaching her.
Can she move up..? No, there the forest is on fire.
Can she move down..? No, that is where the fierce river is.
Answer: She does nothing. She just focuses on giving birth to a new LIFE..
The sequence of events that happens at that fraction of a second (moment) are as follows:
In a spur of MOMENT, a lightning strikes and blinds the eyes of the hunter…!
At that MOMENT, he releases the arrow missing and zipping past the deer…!
At that MOMENT, the arrow hits and injures the lion badly…!
At that MOMENT, it starts to rain heavily and puts out the forest fire…!
At that next MOMENT, the deer gives birth to a healthy fawn…!
In our life too, there are MOMENTS of CHOICE when we all have to deal with negative thoughts from all sides. Some thoughts are so powerful they overcome us and make us clueless.
Anything can happen in a MOMENT in this life. If you are religious, superstitious, atheist, agnostic or whatever, you can attribute this MOMENT to divine intervention, faith, sudden luck, serendipity, coincidence, karma,
or a simple ‘I just don’t know’…!
The priority of the deer, in that given moment, was simply giving birth to a baby, because LIFE IS PRECIOUS…!
In future, may you always be inspired to have a focused positive insight, oblivious of all imaginary, negative probabilities.
“LIFE is Flowing Like a River
With Unexpected TURNS,
May be GOOD,
May be BAD…
Learn to enjoy Each Turn
because, these Turns…
General Awareness Questions
- What is current CRR Rate – 4%
- How much % SLR cut down in monetary policy – 0.5%
- Minimum paid-up capital for payment banks – Rs 100 Crore
- Which organisation gives loan to landless farmer- NABARD
- Bricks bank head office will be located in which country- Shangai, China
- “Strictly Person” a book is written by- Daman Singh
- In India economic condition are measured after – 5 yrs
- Governor of U.P – Ram Naik
- Lab To Land is a initiative of which Ministry – Ministry of Rural Development
- Who is Tony Abott – Prime Minister of Australia
- Who is the minister of Ministry of Home Affairs – Rajnath Singh
- Who is Civil aviation Minister – Ashok Gajapati Raju
- Which state ban wearing dhoti in parliament- Tamil Nadu
- Which state has large number of tigers- Karnataka
Note: Tiger census: In the latest census, Karnataka has overtaken Madhya Pradesh, as the state with the most tigers.
- What is the age limit for voting right- 18 years
- ISIS is active in which state – Iraq
- Mars Orbiter Mission, informally called – Mangalyaan
- What is HAL Dhruv – It is a utility helicopter developed and manufactured by India’s Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.
- Rainfall density is highest in which state- Cherrapunji, Meghalaya
- Who is the head of UNESCO – Irina Bokova
- Ban Ki -moon is the Secretary-General of – UN
- Which country is helping India for Ganga rejuvenation – Japan
- According to Union budget 2014-15, Agricultural university will open in which state – Andhra Pradesh & Rajasthan
- Gandhi Nagar is the capital of which state- Gujarat
- Nalanda university is located in which state –Bihrar
- Telangan’s state brand ambassador- Sania Mirza
- Human Development index 2014 topped by which country – Norway
- Capital of Maldives- Malé
- Bangkok is the capital of which country- Thailand
- Jitu Rai is associated with – Shooting
- What is the rank of India in CWG 2014 games medal tally– Fifth
- Parupalli Kashyap is related to with which game – Badminton
- K. Sanjita chanu belongs from which state – Manipur
- Tiger wood is related with which game- Golf
- Novok Djokovic is related to which game – Tennis
- Roger Feredar is related to which game – Tennis
- Which country tops medal tally in CWE 2014 games – England
- Which country finished 2nd rank in medal tally in CWE 2014 games -Australia
- Union Cabinet approved the Juvenile Justice Bill, 2014, age limit for juvenile to be carried in court for heinous crime is – The bill will treat minors above the age of 16 as adults, who are accused of heinous crimes like rape and murder.
- HUCK term related to which game- Ultimate Frisbee
“Who will get me a pair of studs
I want ones which are tiny stars
I am fed up with the ones I wear
I am pretty past the age of dangles
I need a total make over”, I said.
I waited for a “yeah I will, sis”
From my darling duo, in syncing chorus
But the terrible twosome
Grinned from cheek to cheek
Like the cat in Alice, twinning over,
And saucily replied in single voice
Which resounded, “O dear sis, I will – Not”!
Spoofing me a second, then leaving me dumb.
Flabbergasted I looked at their faces
Not a whit of remorse peeped from there
But the crinkly eyes and the beaming smiles
Belied the naughty fun ‘neath the sauce.
A pack of twin blades are my sisters
Razor sharp in wit and humour
They love pulling my beefy leg
And tie me up in pretty little knots,
And make fun of me wholesale.
I know that today or tomorrow
I will get my studs and may be more
But their saucy replies I cherish more
I love their tongue-in-cheek wit so.
These are the ones that keep me warm
When I sit in lonely and pensive times,
They bring a smile to my wan face
And make me in silly giggles shake
And fill my bleak life with fun-filled rays!