14 STRANGE FACTS ABOUT KISSING
1. Open-mouth kissing allows for the
transfer of hormones from a man to a
woman, in other words mucus
membranes in the mouth are
permeable to hormones like
testosterone, which a man can
introduce into a woman’s mouth
through kissing. Therefore
testosterone increases arousal in the
woman, leading to higher chances of
2. Kissing is good for what ails you.
Research shows that the act of
smooching improves our skin, helps
circulation, prevents tooth decay, and
can even relieve headaches.
3. Kissing can become your new
favorite exercise, a quick romantic
kiss is said to help burn around 2 to
3 calories while a passionate kiss can
burn 5 or more calories. The longer
and more passionate the kiss, the
more calories burned.
4. When it comes to our faces, kissing
is the ultimate workout to keep our
facial muscles strong. Our cheeks are
kept tight and supple by the
engagement of around 30 different
muscles in our faces when kissing.
Time to workout.
5. Men who kiss their partners before
leaving for work average higher
incomes than those who don’t.
6. Prostitutes are said to avoid
kissing their clients to reduce the
likelihood of bonding or emotional
7. The average person spends 336
hours of his or her life kissing.
8. While women use kissing to
evaluate a partner’s potential for a
relationship, men use kissing for a
simpler purpose. Men are likely to
use kissing as a means to increase
the likelihood of sex.
Nonetheless, that’s not to say that all
kisses from a man are sex-oriented.
9. Kissing has long been recognized
as a good way for our bodies to pass
along bugs that help build immunity.
Once you’ve contracted a bug, your
body then learns to strengthen itself
despite showing symptoms of a cold
or flu. Kissing merely helps expedite
our immune system-boosting
10. Kissing creates feel-good
chemicals in our bodies that help us
11. Public kissing is a crime in
Indonesia punishable by five years in
12. Like fingerprints or snowflakes, no
two lip impressions are a like.
13. Kissing releases the same
neurotransmitters in our brains as
parachuting, bungee jumping, and
running, its exciting.
14. Just one kiss with tongue can
transmit up to 278 types of bacteria.
Those of us with OCD tendencies
should try to forget this next time we
get anywhere near a pair of lips