“Accidents, and particularly street and highway accidents, do not happen – they are caused.” –Ernest Greenwood
“We now have unshakable conviction that accident causes are man-made and that a manmade problem can be solved by men and women.”-W.H. Cameron
1. Information about Road safety
India is the second largest road network in the world aggregating to about 3 million km of which only 60% are paved. These roads make remarkable contribution to the Indian economy. Simultaneously these roads lead to high toll of death victims. In recent times there is a growing concern over the road accident issues. Road safety is an emerging issue of the country now. As per the survey of WHO, every year, road traffic injuries take away lives of nearly 1.2 million men, women and children across the globe. One child is killed in road accidents, every three minutes in the world. A recent survey on road accidents reveals that the annual worldwide death toll of road accidents is more than five times the Tsunami toll. The death toll is high in the countries where pedestrians, motorcyclist and passengers are vulnerable and vehicles lack the safety norms like India. Most of the foreign automobile companies are launching their vehicles in Indian market with Indian safety protocols which is causing a lot of disruptions on Indian roads.
II. Road accidents statistics
Road accidents statistics at a glance:
• 85% of all road accidents occur in Asia pacific region.
• India occupies second place with 10% of total road accidents in world.
• Nearly 1,275,000 persons are injured in road accident.
• Social cost of accidents is estimated at $11,000.
• Most of the accidents are occurring due to lack of professional driv
III. Required documents for driving on roads
As per Automotive India, below Road Safety Rules and documents are required before driving on roads. Before driving on roads, please make sure that you keep along the below mentioned important documents always.
• Driving License
• Certificate of Registration
• Certificate of Insurance
• Pollution Check Certificate
IV. Do’s and Don’ts for Four Wheelers
• Always wear seat belts & ask co-passenger to do same
• Always use child seats for children under 4 years of age
• Allow pedestrians to cross the roads first
• Allow the emergency vehicles to pass
• Use indicators & rear view mirrors when changing lanes
• Slow down while approaching an intersection
• Always maintain appropriate distance from the vehicle in front
• Always drive in your lane
• Never jump any red light
• Never drink & drive
• Never use mobile phones when driving
• Never drive more than 60kph in city
• Never drive if you’re below age of 18
• Never park on busy roads
• Never apply brakes suddenly
V. Do’s and Don’ts for Two Wheelers
• Always wear a full mask good quality helmet & fasten it tightly
• Always check the inflation of both front and rear tires
• Always ensure the front and rear lights are functional
• Always give proper indications before turning
• Always use front and rear brakes simultaneously
• Keep a safe distance from the vehicle ahead
• Never drive in a zigzag manner
• Never overtake from the blind corners of a vehicle or from the left side
• Never apply brakes suddenly
• Never carry heavy loads or more than one person
• Never use cell phone while driving
VI. Purpose of Road Marking
Following Road Markings denote the below things:
• Center Line:
• Win White/Yellow Lines:
• Small Broken White Lines:
• Single Yellow Line:
You cannot cross this line except while turning Right or taking a U-Turn.
• Zebra Crossing:
VII. Preventive measures to eliminate the road accidents
• The most important thing to bring down the accidents is strict enforcement of speed limits. 90% of accidents can be avoided by strict enforcement of speed limits
• Existing speed limits should be brought down further
• The government should impose heavy penalty for those who cross the speed limits
• Tamper proof speed controllers should be made mandatory for all heavy vehicles. New heavy vehicles also should have built in tamper proof speed controllers
• Two wheeler designers are asked to design vehicles with a harmless maximum speed
• New Gadgets are to be developed for collision prevention fitted for all the vehicles
• Driving tests for issue of driving license is to be made more stringent and foolproof
• Rising of lower age limit for two wheeler and heavy vehicle license to 21 years
• Helmet should me made compulsory by law in all states or impose a lower speed limit for those who do not use helmet
• Ensuring that all helmet users are fixing the chain strap of helmet to reduce the impact of the accident
• Ensure that only good quality helmets are available in the market
• People who ignore the safe distance limits should be punished
• Imparting safety awareness from the childhood itself
• Video and computer games should be banned by Government or discouraged by parents as it develops racing habit in children
• Children below certain age should not be permitted to do cycling in busy roads where heavy vehicles move
• Road safety rules should be displayed on junctions and other parts of the road
• Road safety awareness through communication channels
• Speed should be restricted at accident prone areas
• Roads should be properly maintained and arrangements should take place for maintaining all roads in good condition 24 hours a day
• Driving while drinking should be banned
• Road widening and straightening programs should take place
• Zebra crossings should be provided for pedestrians for safe road crossings
• Proper sign boards should be installed on the roads
• Road safety day and road safety week should be celebrated in schools and colleges to increase awareness on the same
• Accident statistics should be periodically reviewed to understand the effect of action taken.
As per below artile blood donation improves your cholestrol level, blood pressure level, get rid of excess iron, saves someones life, reduce chances of suger, liver problems etc… so please donate blood every 3 months approximately.
Blood donation, the voluntary act of allowing one’s blood to be drawn out of body has many advantages besides giving that wonderful feeling of saving someone’s life. Most of the time it is an act of charity, though sometimes many people donate blood for money and other incentives. The blood donated is stored in blood banks, to be subsequently used for transfusion.
No doubt the first and foremost advantage of donating blood is the exalted feeling of saving someone’s life. If we donate the little excess blood in our body, it could save someone’s life without creating any problem for us. Instead it would help to alleviate some major health problems like heart diseases. Blood donation is an excellent way to get rid of excess iron accumulated in our body due to its overconsumption. Excess iron in the body can stimulate the formation of free radicals, which are responsible for causing damage to body cells and tissues. Free radicals are also associated with many diseases like heart diseases and cancer.
Iron overloading is also thought to increase the risk of heart diseases. Besides, iron oxidizes cholesterol, which is harmful for the arteries. Hemochromatosis is a genetic disease characterized by excess accumulation of iron in the tissues due to improper metabolism. The disease can cause damage to many organs like pancreas, adrenal glands, etc. It may also causediabetes, liver diseases and heart diseases. So, donating blood on a regular basis would help you to regulate the level of iron in your body. Studies have shown that donating blood regularly can be beneficial for the heart and circulatory system and can reduce the risk of heart diseases, especially among young people.
Besides, blood donation also burns the extra calories and reduces your cholesterol level. After donating blood, the count of blood cells decreases in our body, which stimulates the bone marrow to produce new red blood cells in order to replenish the loss. So, it stimulates the production of new blood cells and refreshes the system.
Before donating blood, your hemoglobin level will be tested. If it is low, then you will not be allowed to donate blood. Besides hemoglobin, your blood pressure level and body weight will also be checked. In addition, your blood will also be examined for detecting the presence of five diseases, namely, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, Syphilis, HIV/AIDS and malaria. If you are not suffering from these diseases, only then you will be allowed to donate your blood.
There are no major disadvantages of donating blood, except that sometimes one may experience a drop in blood pressure due to hypovolemia (a state of reduced blood volume), which may necessitate cancellation of donation. Sometimes, one may also experience mild nausea or dizziness for a short while. But if you compare the health benefits and mental satisfaction that comes from saving a life, you will feel that benefits of this act of charity is not only restricted to the recipient, but also helps the donor immensely.
How often can one give blood?
Regulations in the United States allow people to donate whole blood once every 56 days. The waiting period between donations can be different for other blood components. For example, donating only platelets in a process called apheresis requires only a 3 day wait before a person can give again. Donating two units of red blood cells through a similar process doubles the waiting period to 112 days.
Yes – Smoking Is Haram – Don’t worry about ‘pip blood’ in filters of cigarettes – It is Haram even before you worry about the story of ‘Pig Blood in Cigarettes’ – They say there is blood of pigs being used in the filters – But what other things have swine (pork) products in them?
Accused of Putting Swine Blood in Tabacco Products?
Maemoglobin from Swine Apparentaly Identified in 185 Industrial Uses
Here is what we read from Sydney Australia – A warning was sent out to religious groups here after traces of pig’s blood found in cigarette filters!
By Daily Mail Reporter
An Australian professor has warned religious groups that cigarette filters may contain traces of pig’s blood.
Simon Chapman said recent Dutch research has identified 185 different industrial uses for a pig – including the use of haemoglobin in cigarette filters.
The University of Sydney professor said the study offered an insight into the world of cigarette manufacturing and was likely to spark concerns for devout Muslims and Jews.
Concerns: Dutch research has found that the haemoglobin in pig’s blood is used by some tobacco manufacturers in cigarette filters
‘I think that there would be some particularly devout groups who would find the idea that there were pig products in cigarettes to be very offensive,’ he told the Sydney Daily Telegraph.
‘The Jewish community certainly takes these matters extremely seriously and the Islamic community certainly do as well, as would many vegetarians.
PIG 05049 from Christien Meindertsma on Vimeo.
‘It just puts into hard relief the problem that the tobacco industry is not required to declare the ingredients of cigarettes – they say “that’s our business and a trade secret”.’
The research found pig haemoglobin – a blood protein – was being used to make the filters more effective at blocking toxic chemicals before they entered a smoker’s lungs.
Professor Chapman said that although some tobacco companies had voluntarily published a list of the contents in their cigarettes on websites, they also noted undisclosed ‘processing aids’ in the finished product.
At least one brand of cigarettes sold in Greece has been confirmed to be using pig haemoglobin (swine blood) in its manufacturing processes, he added.
Professor Chapman said: ‘If you’re a smoker and you’re of Islamic or Jewish faith then you’d probably want to know and there is no way of finding out.
..Especially for SMOKERS..
It is never too late to quit smoking.
Within the first 20 minutes of quitting, the healing process begins..
By the end of the first day after quitting smoking, you’ve decreased your chances of having a heart attack.The benefits will continue to improve your health and quality of life for years..
Within 12 hours after you have your last cigarette, your body will begin to heal itself. The levels of carbon monoxide and nicotine in your system will decline rapidly, and your heart and lungs will begin to repair the damage caused by cigarette smoke.As your body begins to repair itself, instead of feeling better right away, you may feel worse for a while. It’s important to understand that healing is a process p;it begins immediately, but it continues over time. These “withdrawal pangs” are really symptoms of the recovery process.
Immediately after quitting, many ex-smokers experience “symptoms of recovery” such as temporary weight gain caused by fluid retention, irregularity, and dry, sore gums or tongue. You may feel edgy, hungry, more tired, and more short-tempered than usual and have trouble sleeping and notice that you are coughing a lot. These symptoms are the result of your body clearing itself of nicotine, a powerful addictive chemical. Most nicotine is gone from the body in 2-3 days.
Please spread awareness among smokers to quit smoking.
Why condoms are packed in 3s, 6s & 12s
A man walks into a drug store with his 8-year old son. They happen to walk by the condom display, and the boy Asks, “What are these, Dad?”
To which the man
Matter-of-factly replies, “Those are called condoms, son.
Men use them to have safe sex.”
Oh, I see,” replied the boy pensively. “I’ve heard of that in health class at school.”
He looks over the display and picks up a package of 3 and asks, Why are there 3 in this package?”
The dad replies, “Those are for high school boys, one for Friday, one for Saturday, and one for Sunday..”
“Cool” says the boy… He notices a 6 pack and asks, “Then, who are these for?
“Those are for college men,” the dad answers. “TWO for Friday, TWO for Saturday, and TWO for Sunday.”
“WOW!” exclaimed the boy, “Then, who uses THESE?” he asks, picking up a 12-pack.
With a sigh and a tear in his eye, the dad replied, “Those are for married men. One for January, one for February, one for March….up to December”
The boy replied; “I am not getting married!!!!”,
Tequila and Salt
This should probably be taped to your bathroom mirror
where one could read it every day.. You may not realize it, but it’s 100% true.
1. There are at least two people in this world that you would die for.
2.. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.
3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.
4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don’t like you.
5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.
6. You mean the world to someone.
7. You are special and unique.
8. Someone that you don’t even know exists loves you.
9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.
10. When you think the world has turned its back on you take another look.
11. Always remember the compliments you received.. Forget about the rude remarks.
So……….. If you are a loving friend, send this to everyone, including the one that sent it to you. If you get it back, then they really do love you.
And always remember… when life hands you Lemons, ask for Tequila and Salt and call me over!
Good friends are like stars………
You don’t always see them,
But you know they are always there..
“Whenever God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though Sometimes It’s Hard in the Hallway”
I would rather have one rose and a kind word from a friend while I’m here than a whole truck load when I’m gone.
Happiness keeps You Sweet,
Trials keep You Strong,
Sorrows keep You Human,
Failures keeps You Humble,
Success keeps You Glowing,
God keeps You Going
‘Worry looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up.’ Keep the faith..